Monday, April 27, 2009

Thing 39

I think the digital storytelling and escrapbooking is fantastic!

I was familiar with voiceThread, and had shared it with the CMLE audience just last week. I think this is a website that is an incredible tool for schools. There are so many ways that this could be used - from sharing projects, to book reports, to understanding concepts and getting multigenerational comments from people. There is just so  much that can be done!

I also enjoyed looking at Scrapblog, Framento and Scrapo. To me these seem like they would be more useful for home use - but they would be fun at school as well. I am always encouraging teachers to post pictures of their activities in order to send them out to families. The bonus is that grandparents who live thousands of miles away can also view them - but most are so secure and nonthreatening for students. 

These are excellent tools - and I look forward to sharing more of them with my teaching staff. I thought VoiceThread would make an excellent conference breakout session, and a great "Techie Tuesday" item for my staff. I think the others would be great for teachers to learn, but would also be fun to share with parents in a community education program.

No comments:

Post a Comment