Friday, May 1, 2009

Thing 42

Internet radio: who would've thought??

I tried out pandora to begin with, thinking I wouldn't like it and that it wouldn't play the kind of music I wanted to hear. Wow - was I ever wrong! It was fast, great-sounding, and I could continue to work while i listened. I tried putting in some obscure music genres and artists - but it was able to find most of them, or make some pretty good guesses about something close to it. It was great fun!

Last.FM seemed to be a little clunkier to use - and it seemed more like the songs were for sale. It did, however, find some great music for me very quickly, and again, the quality was excellent.

I used these at home where I have high speed Internet access and it usually moves pretty quickly. I didn't see any lags at all in either Pandora or Last. Grooveshark seemed to take a lot longer to load.

I thought I had found something new and wonderful that I could share with my kids - but when I asked my daughter what she knew about them she said "I've been doing that for ages" so I guess I'm still behind! She uses a site called Slacker.


No comments:

Post a Comment