Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Thing 29 - Google, continued

I presented our school's technology equipment to the PTO the other night. It was really fun to see their faces as I shared the wireless Airliner Slate (by SMART), a portable laptop and projection unit and a SMARTBoard. They were sold after only a few minutes...and I think most of them were ready to pull out the fundraising efforts and put a complete SMARTBoard setup in every classroom. They were impressed - and it was a blast!

At the end of the meeting I dazzled them with Google 411. No one had heard of it - and every one of them put the phone number in their cell phones. I demonstrated it with my cell phone's speaker on and just asked for Sartell's pizza places. Of course it found all of them, and began to list them with the phone numbers. They could certainly see the value in this service! What will Google think of next?

I think I'm ready to head on into Thing #31, but I didn't feel I had covered this one well enough - so there it is. (Oh - and I even tweeted Google 411 a few days ago. My big thrill was to see that I have 4 followers! Oh boy!)


No comments:

Post a Comment