Thursday, February 26, 2009

Still on Thing 26

I wanted to add one more comment (not that anyone reads them but just because I can) about the Doodle4Google contest. I'm really excited about it. You can register here and learn all about it: www.doodle4google.com

I also have a comment about using these tools with teachers. I think they find Delicious to be one of the most useful because they save time. It is my feeling that most teachers are just way too busy to play around with these tools unless they have a real reason to. Our younger teachers spend a lot of time on Facebook. They like the way they can communicate with old friends from the past, and the ones from across the hall. I think there is enough of a social networking aspect, and a great organizational aspect to Delicious that makes it appealing to teachers.

I also think teachers like applications like VoiceThread. They can easily publish projects and share them with parents - and that is incredibly important to them. We just need to find ways to work with them to get this done. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment