Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thing 25

Playing with these widgets is definitely time-consuming! Add that to the fact that this PC-user (the past 4 years anyway) has FINALLY gotten a new iMac...and I am having such fun playing! Let's see - I've spent way too many hours arranging and rearranging the items on my blog...usually putting them back where they were in the beginning. I played (and that's true - I PLAYED) way too many silly games, and I got a little frustrated with myself because I kept registering for new sites that I'll probably never use again.

I did learn a good trick for keeping track of all those annoying passwords - which I hope will work out okay. I just put them in the notes portion of my Delicious account, and set them to be hidden. So - if I log in - I can see my password reminder for the site. I'm trying to record only my password reminder and not the actual password. We'll see how it works.

It is funny how I'm finding myself running across applications I tried a year or more ago and then forgot about. One such app is the website for Ask500people. I had forgotten that I really enjoyed this one! I think it can give a person a great quick answer when they have a "how do you feel about..." type of question. It truly is like asking a bunch of friends without having to leave your desk.

I also need to update my jott account - because I remember last year that I loved using it to record my blog posts. It records just enough info to be quick and concise - and does a pretty good job of spelling everything right. Plus - people can listen to my voice if they want to. Fun!! I'll post my next one that way perhaps - just so I get it updated.

Well, I guess I'd better update that one. Jott is no longer a free service. At $3.95 a month it's probably a great deal, but at this point I don't use it enough to continue it. So, I deleted my account. Man, that was harder than I thought. My kids were always jealous because Jott was number 1 on my speed dial. No more.

No comments:

Post a Comment